RIVERS State Has the Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria!



Mrs Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, on Sunday, said that the state was now ranked ninth in the current HIV/AIDS prevalence rating in the country.
Ortom, who is also the Chairman, Board of Governors for Benue State AIDS Control Agency (BENSACA), said this during the launch of the 'Guinness World Record on HIV Test’ in Markurdi, the state capital.










The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the HIV/ AIDS prevalence rate by states in Nigeria was published by National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) after the 2013 National AIDS Reproductive Health Survey.


The rating also came as a result of test carried out on persons living with HIV/AIDS. It showed that Rivers State with 15.5 per cent topped the new prevalence chat, Taraba State with 10.5 per cent is second, while Kaduna has 9.2 per cent to be on the third.
Nasarawa, FCT, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto and Oyo are on the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth spots respectively on the prevalence rate chart.


She said Benue had over the years been rated highest in HIV and AIDS prevalence, adding that with such laudable HIV test event, it was indicative that the journey to achieving zero case was just a mile away.'




She added that "Benue had the highest HIV/ AIDS prevalence rate in Nigeria, but due to the dedicated and collaborative efforts of BENSACA and other partners, the state had been lifted to be the ninth in the country.
"Our focus over the years is to get to zero prevalence, which implies zero infections, zero HIV-related deaths and zero discrimination against persons with the virus.




The BENSACA chairman quoted a World Health Organisation (WHO) report which indicated that 7,000 persons were newly infected with the virus everyday in spite of the global adoption of getting to zero case. She said AHF planned to break the Guinness World Record on HIV test by testing 10,000 persons and issuing results to all in eight hours, thereby ensuring that people got
access to testing and counseling services as urgently as possible.




The governor’s wife said "the concept of testing 10,000 persons and producing
results within eight hours is, therefore, not just an exercise for the purpose of breaking the Guinness World Record, but to send a strong message to the world.


"The message is that testing is the first step to prevention and treatment of HIV and AIDS and everyone needs to know his or her status," she said.
In achieving zero prevalence, Mrs Ortom said it was critical to target epidemic hot spots in mega cities to ensure equitable access to quality, cost effective HIV
prevention and programmes, among others.



-Tribune

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I work in a communication company I want to share my testimony to the world, my name is mariam, i am from united kingdom in belfast north ireland, I was a stripper in a club I got effected with HIV due to the nature of my job, In april 15 2013 i was tested positive to HIV, Believe it or not this is a true life experience. This is not design to convince you but its just a personal health experience . I never taught doctor Abija could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but I couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i came across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of this great powerful healing spell doctor ,I wonder why he is called the great papa Abija, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so I quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and so i did all the things he asked me to do, He never collected any money from me until I was finally cured, only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing Priest Abija gave to me from the ancient part of africa, you can email him now for your own healing too on his email: spirituallighthealing101@live.com. thank you doctor for healing me from HIV. I am free and happy. here is my mobile number to really confirm from me +44700407644

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, yes You!!! It motivates me to blog harder. Don't hesitate to leave your comment anytime ,whenever you visit here.

Disclaimer: All comments on shamzy.com are that of the readers and not Shamzy's and do not express our (Shamzy's) view(s). Readers are liable for their comments. However, if you want me to put down a post, you can mail me to that effect, should in case you want to use the comments against me, remember we aren't laymen.
For inquiries /tip-offs: nathaniel.shammah@gmail.com
instagram :shammahn
twitter : shammahn